Wed, 28 April 2021 – 10.30am – 11.30am
The ability to communicate effectively is an essential ingredient to both success in school and beyond.
The Oracy All-Party Parliamentary Group is marking the end of its Speak for Change inquiry by hosting a launch event. The group heard from hundreds of teachers, practitioners, school leaders, pupils, parents, employers, academics and experts in education who have shared compelling evidence with the inquiry as to why a greater focus on oracy is needed in schools to support academic attainment, address educational inequality, improve employability and support children’s wellbeing as we emerge from the pandemic.
The event is hosted by Emma Hardy MP (Chair of the Oracy All-Party Parliamentary Group) and its panellists include:
- Dame Rachel De Souza (Children’s Commissioner for England)
- Wes Streeting MP (Shadow Schools Minister)
- Tom Hunt MP (Education Select Committee Member)
- Geoff Barton (General Secretary, Association of School and College Leaders)
- Matthew Percival (Director of People & Skills, CBI)
- Jessica Oghenegweke (Social Mobility Commissioner)
- Riyaz Laher (Executive Headteacher, Madani Schools)
- Lamide Odanye (Youth Advisor & Co-founder of LIVE)