The Cambridge Teaching School Network is, exactly as might be expected, a network of teaching schools in the Cambridge Area (and beyond). We have been providing school based initial teacher training for many years, alongside the other core functions of a teaching school: research and development; school to school support; and continuing professional development for teachers at all stages of their careers. See the CTSN teaching schools network website for information about all these areas. This means that choosing to train with CTSN will introduce you to a network of training and support that might continue well beyond your initial teacher training.
We are now offering teacher training in both Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds; all applicants will have a choice of where they would prefer their core training to be based.
CTSN SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) is working in partnership with a number of Teaching School Alliances, as shown below (lead schools in brackets):
- Anglian Gateway Teaching School Alliance, AGTSA (Bottisham Village College)
- Barrow CEVC (Connected) (Barrow Church of England VC school)
- Cambridge Teaching Schools Network, CTSN (a network of a number of Teaching Schools; Cambourne Village College, Comberton Village College, Histon & Impington Junior School, Parkside Federation, Saffron Walden High School & Swavesey Village College)
- Cambridge and Suffolk Schools Alliance, CASSA (Linton Village College)
- Cambridgeshire Educational Trust (Chesterton Community College, Cambridge)
- Lark Teaching School Alliance (All Saints CE Primary School, Lawshall)
- Morris Education Trust (Impington Village College)
Whichever Teaching School Alliance you apply with, it is the same CTSN SCITT training course. There might be a difference in the placement school – we would try to place a trainee within the teaching school alliance through which they have applied.
The actual training course is the same, whichever teaching school you apply through, and whether your training is based in Cambridge or in Bury St Edmunds.
Many of our applicants maximise their chances of a successful application by applying to the CTSN SCITT through three different Teaching School Alliances partners.